Proceedings of the Ayurveda Seminar on Cancer
On 10th & 11th March 1990
- Concept of Ojas and effect of Rasayana in the management of cancer - Dr. K. Rajagopalan, Research Director. Amala Ayurveda Hospital & Research Centre.
- Importance of Ahara-Vihara in the etiology and management of Arbuda (cancer) - Dr. T. R. Anand Alwar, Asst. Professor, Govt. Ayurveda College. Mysore.
- Role of Panchakarma in the management of Arbuda (cancer) -Dr. P. K. Mohanlal, Professor and Medical Supdt; Govt. Ayurveda College Hospital, Trivandrum.
- Management of Cancer with Ayurvedic Therapy, A case report - Dr. Mattakkara Ramachandran Nair Kottayam.
- Advances in Cancer Reserch - Dr. N. V. Krishnankutty Warrier, Chief Editor, Publication Dept.Arya Vaidyasala, Kottakkal.
- Clinical experience in Arbuda Treatment - Sri. V. K. V. Neelakantan Namboothiri, Kihakkedathu Mana, Chevoor.
- Ayurveda and Cancer Treatment - Dr. A.V. Balaraman, Rtd.Mental Specialist, Govt. Ayurvedic Mental Hospital, Kottakkal.
- Cancer Management With Ayurvedic medicine - Dr. K. Ramanunni, Ottapalam.
- Management of Jaundice in Leukemia - Dr. T. R.Anand Alwar, Asst. Professor, Govt. Ayurveda College, Mysore.
- Priliminary study on the principles of satwavajaya - Dr. Udaya Shankar, Gujarat Ayurvedic University, Jamnagar.
- Methods of Cancer Diagnosis -Dr. M. Balaraman Nair, Rtd. Director of Medical Education, Kerala.
- Clinical Research on Cancer with Indigenous drugs - Dr. N. D.Joshy, Bombay.
- Clinical study on Cancer with selected Ayurvedic drugs. - Dr. Sr. Donata, Research Officer, Amala Ayurvedic Hospital.
CONCEPT OF OJAS AND THE EFFECT OF RASAYANA IN THE MANAGEMENT OF CANCER
Though it is a privelage but with hesitation and humility, I venture to present before this learned gathering of experts belonging to different scholls a comprehensive view point regarding the concept of Oja and effects of Rasayana in the management of Cance
As the word Oja is in reference to Ayu, so ler us think about the word Ayu and its relevancy, Ayu and Nityaga means which is constantly on move or leaking out, never remaining static and it is bound to exhaust; whereas the other nature of life is opposite to this. It means upholding life. i. e., keeping the flame and never allows to extinguish, but helps to maintain the flame endlessly. It is denoted by sord, Jivita and Dhari, meaning continuity of life and preventing or having continuous succession of continuous flow.
It is the nature of life, to resist death and to pass on the flame of life to successive generation. i.e., daughter cells. Incidentally the word Dhari is also a synonym of Ojas. Hence in this word Ojas we find some glimpses. Now, as told earlier Oja is in reference to Ayu, health; or it can be said in other words, Oja provides defence to the disease, then how should we take the disease?. The disease is considered tobe forerunner or the agent of ensuing death.
Prof. KULWANT SINGH, Head, Departmint of Shalya Shalakya, I. P G. T. & R., Gujarat Ayurved University, Jamnagar- 361 008 (India)
Download complete Research Papers